Thursday, April 6, 2023

Thursday April 6, 2023 Visits

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Thursday April 6, 2023

I interrupted my sleep noisily last night by knocking over the old bedside lamp, breaking it...   So I picked up a new one later at WalMart, and got 2 for myself, and a pair of sweatpants.

I connected with my old co-worker and wallyball player Keith and went to meet him at 11:45am, after stopping to pick up a tuna sandwich to share at Subway 2 blocks from his residence.  We know so many people from our many years of friendship that we are never at a loss for words.  Keith is still a great inspiration for his cheerful attitude in spite of severe physical challenges and we have a lot of laughs.

From there I went to visit my older brother Fern and his wife Eileen and again had many trips down memory lane, especially when we dug through a box containing stuff from our Mom.  I reinherited a large remembrance album that I myself had put together for Mom's 95th Birthday.  A person relishes these opportunities to visit family and reminisce.  I am sorry that I never got a picture of their dog, 15-year-old Maggie who is so sweet and quiet.

I came back to Russ and Angie's and we enjoyed the spring sunshine on the front deck for a bit with the dogs and cats.  I even video WhatsApp'ed with Cristina so she could see the dogs and to watch Russ feed the geese across the street.  Russ was in shorts and a short-sleeved t-shirt.

Cristina says the lake is back there with heavy rains.

I am really enjoying the interaction with Russ and Angie's 4 dogs and 3 cats.

We had a steak supper with Caesar salad and that hit the spot while we watched curling (Canada lost to Sweden) and IIHF women's hockey, France losing to Hungary...

So tonight will be a restful night to store energy for a very busy day tomorrow..

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Keith in good spirits

Fern and Eileen looking good

Buds on the trees

This is Dimona

Hudson and Bronx

Neighbor's dog Nacho

Miss Ellie

Kuro

Tuxedo