Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Tuesday April 11, 2023 Okotoks

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Tuesday April 11, 2023

Because we got through our chores quickly, Betty took me for a scenic drive to the West although the clouds had moved in early to obscure the Rockies.  We went as far as the original settlement of the legendary John Ware.

We then went to the Bragg Creek PowderHorn Saloon where I enjoyed a delicious beef dip with onion rings.  Betty had a salty French Onion Soup.

We returned to Diamond Valley where I managed a brief nap before showering to head to Okotoks.

I was looking for a specific convertible furniture dolly that was on WalMart's website which I was sure said that the Okotoks store had in stock.. so of course they apparently do not stock them in the stores...  So we checked Home Depot, and Home Hardware as well.  No luck...  I popped in to Okotoks Glass to say howdy to former classmate and friend, Roland Smith, but I guess they sold the business last August...

I stopped in at McFarlane Agencies where I worked for 9 years and had good chats with the staff.  The insurance industry has changed so much that they all said that I would not like it much anymore...

I just made it, walking in a brief cold, windy rain, to my appointment with Dr Anderson for supposedly a checkup and to get the medical form completed necessary to rent my apartment.  They really only checked my blood pressure, which was good, as always, and I had a chat with Dr Doug and got my form done.

We stopped at Original Joe's for Tuesday Wing Night hoping that old friend Anne would decide to join us.  She did not show up.  

We stopped at The Big Rock for a moment before heading home for more pecan pie and apple crumble pie...  The diet starts on the weekend....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Woodpecker

Woodpecker

Starlings

Head-butting

South end of cows going north

The sign says it all

Beaver Dam

Never-ending road

I love cattails

More cattails

Deer posing for me

I sure got lucky here

They got spooked

A young one

De feet go over de fence before de tail

PowderHorn Saloon denizen

Is this true?

Works for me!

Another onlooker

and another

Canada Geese

Mountains beginning to show again


Some of Dr Doug's travels

The Big Rock

Dusk on the Rockies