Monday, April 24, 2023

Monday April 24, 2023 Excursion

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Monday April 24, 2023

 On Sunday, I didn't do much once I tried a grocery order with WalMart for cheap delivery Monday at a specified hour.  Pretty slick!

Then I watched our Oilers pull another game out of the fire in overtime after appearing lackadaisical for the first period and falling behind 3-0.  Final score 5-4.

So today I was up and ready for the scheduled grocery delivery between 9 and 10am and I was not disappointed.  3 major items are supposed to come sometime tomorrow, a vacuum, a toaster and a large T-Fal Frypan.  The nice man had a dolly and delivered my groceries, and a new small set of Corelle, right to my kitchen.  So, I guess Covid was good for something to have made this sevice available!

I had to move the Golden scooter out of the garage by 8am tomorrow for garage cleaning, so I decided to make use of it.  I made a small excursion 10 blocks away to the nearest Safeway to retrieve an Oilers thin tin cup and entered another draw for $10,000 resulting from my Oiler 50/50 ticket purchase.  And Dollarama was just down the block so I hit there for more storage containers.

I had the Lumix with me so the photos are from last Thursday, when the Golden died after my Canadian Tire pickup, and today's photos on this glorious +14C day.

I pushed the limits again, but only close to home, trying to find a decent view of the Legislature from near here...  No soap, I will need to go down the hill.... and I am not taking Golden down there...  I may have to try the Lime scooters and bikes that I encounter everywhere.  I have downloaded the app to the phone so one day I will have to give that a whirl.

One of the residents here, Mr Leduc, who has the Cadillac scooter next to me, referred me to his doctor nearby, so I called, but they claimed they were not taking new patients unless referred.  I talked again to Mr Leduc on my return and he promised to refer me.  I gave him my card.

I am also in contact again with Ash's Dad, Gord, and we will no doubt be doing a few things together soon.  He is such a great guy.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Cdn Tire pickup before Golden died on me Thurs.

Gorgeous day today for a ride

Rogers Place, Oilers' home.

Great park close by, note the Lime scooter.

Looking at the back of our place.

Golden must move...

Gorgeous 12-pce Corelle.

Very light Oilers cup

Food storage from Dollarama

Scooter has a name...

Rigging Golden for future excursions