Saturday, April 8, 2023

Friday April 7, 2023 More Visits

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday April 7, 2023

I got a notice from Google that they have pulled the CuencaResidency Blog above because it now violates Community Standards after 11 years and over 80,000 views, because of Malware and Viruses........   Unbelievable!!!!

Russ and Angie sent me off with a delicious bacon and egg breakfast as I headed up to Haysboro to visit with niece Dawn and her friend Neil.  They were busy with a newly acquired large German Shepherd female that had won two Hero awards!  One was for saving a family of 5 from a gas leak just before the house blew up, and the second was for saving a child from being mauled by another dog.  It is a chore for Neil because of her size and his handicap.  The dog is lovely, but the problem is that it does not like small animals which makes placement extremely difficult.  If anyone has any ideas for an ideal home, let us know.  I am so sorry that I did not take photos..

The drive out to Priddis to meet with niece Karen and Roger was a real treat with the wonderful sky over the snow-covered Rockies....  We had a wonderful steak lunch with salad and lovely conversation.  The meat came from AG Foods in Black Diamond where they know the butcher and the meat was so very tender and delicious.  They say the chicken there is also great.

I joined them as they took a short drive over to their old place to feed their chickens, horses and dogs.  Being in the foothills of the Rockies is such a treat for me.  The majesty of the Rockies is so hard to beat.

From there, I took the back road to Okotoks.  I had time, so I went to Costco to gas up first, then spotted a Dollarama where I picked up more stuff needed for the new apartment.  Hopefully we can move in next Friday....

I had an appointment to meet friends Gord and Em at an old haunt, The George, where pizza was on special....  Everybody was happy ordering a Meat-Lovers, so we were good to go for a large 14" to share.  Then the lights blinked a few times before staying off for good...  It was pretty dark inside, 7pm, and a call to the electric company Fortis got the sad news that it might not be restored until 10pm...  The pizza oven must be gas-fired because the pizza came and it was absolutely delicious!  Gord still has his usual wry, quick sense of humour and Em is still her usual sweet self.  It must be the Alberta cool air that is the Fountain of Youth as everyone looks younger than last year!  I hope that rubs off on me too.

At dusk, I was on my way to my sister Leonie's and Alberta welcomed me with a chinook sunset. Gosh I love this area!  I am now looking forward to Easter weekend with Leonie and family.  This should be a lot of fun.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Cowtown in the morning

Driving towards the Rockies

Breathtaking!

Love the Rockies!

Deer on the way


Deer very close near Karen's

View from Karen's

More Rockies

Delicious steak

I think I will be buying some soon!

The chickens burst out, knowing food was coming.

The four horses they still have.

One of the big dogs.

Karen and the other big dog.

Gord and Em before the lights went out.

Welcome to Alberta!

Hard to beat a chinook sunset!