Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Wednesday April 19, 2023 Progress/Wheels

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Wednesday April 19, 2023

Monday was a busy day...  I ordered a bunch of stuff from WalMart to be delivered.  Of course, not everything will come at once, and one item is even coming from China!  The good thing is that all but one item included free shipping.

I got down to putting some pictures on the wall and have since moved those around already.  I hope to get a shelf unit for family pictures.  I have found one in St Albert that looks perfect to match my stuff which is available for pickup Saturday but I need a Good Samaritan with wheels to help me...

I cancelled the parking stall below my room which was already paid, so that money will be used to pay for the scooter parking for the next 4 months.

Jill and Ash came by with my pots and pans, so I can finally cook something other than nuking it.  

They also brought by Uncle Neil's Golden scooter which we stored in the locked garage for now.  Other than using the bus, that will be my main transportation which will be fun, at least in the summer...

We got word about the funeral arrangements for brother Laurent and his wife Cathy that will be held in Fernie in June.  We have made tentative arrangements for transportation and rooms, just waiting for confirmations...

Tuesday was another busy day...  I finally downloaded an app that allows my scanner to work, even if it is (pain in the butt) only one page at a time...

I had a scare that my really old trusty Seagate external hard drive quit working.  It has all my family photos and also my photos for uploading.  I think that I had better move most of that to my new 2TB Toshiba external hard drive...  That old Seagate has been my workhorse all these years...  I would hate to lose it..

I also called Service Canada finally to confirm that they indeed have my application for the Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS).  Apparently they want 120 days to work on those...  Boo Hoo....  I changed my address with them too while I had them on the line.

I changed my address with the Bank too for consistency.  There are a few other places that need an address change but, not today...

WalMart made me wait all day for a delivery of 6 items that came at 5:30pm.  I was not a happy camper to be made to sit around all that time but I am pleased to be stocking up on needed items for the house.

Today WalMart somehow dumped a broom I had ordered outside my door around 10am...  It is a good thing that old people look out for each other in this building.

I called Edmonton Transit and got help to navigate their site to order an annual Senior Pass.  The good news is that my tiny taxable income is under the wire to qualify for a FREE bus pass, which they expect will take about 2 weeks to get to me as they think Canada Post takes 10 days within the city,... can you imagine??  I was really hoping to get it today so I could get used to the system since I have an LRT station at the corner..  Very handy for me.

I had ignored the Golden scooter in the garage, especially because WalMart was holding me up, and the weather was really cool yesterday, but today I ventured down.  The scooter has been immobile for at least 3 years, sitting in an unheated garage, so it was touch-and-go about the battery situation.  However it fired up immediately for Ash the other day and I had no problem today.  It was still wrapped up against the rain.  I did a little practice driving, unseen, in the garage before I dared venture outside.  The first regular resident outside that I encountered commented "So you're the guy parked next to me!" to which I responded "So you're the guy with the Cadillac!"  His scooter is like a small car, with a roof and all, and looks frightfully expensive.  There is one other scooter in the garage that is also fancier than mine, but that is OK with me...  A thief is more likely to steal the Caddy than the Volks...

I actually drove the scooter right into my suite as Uncle Neil apparently used to do.  There, I cleaned it up a bit, took off the oxygen bottle bracket, and put it on the charger.  That was around noon.  At 4pm it is registering full charge but the instructions say that optimum charge will be obtained if I leave it for another 4 hours, so it will sit there until 8pm.  WD40 is on my list of things yet to obtain because the undercarriage looks pretty rusty...  I think that I can fit the Save-On food plastic basket between my feet for shopping.  The integrated baskets are pretty tiny.

WalMart sent another Survey request about their products and service so they got an earful from me.  There is a TV stand with integral electric fireplace on sale that I want which promises free shipping over $35 but then wants to charge a shipping fee of $25 when I get to the checkout...  I had called yesterday to their Customer Service, which is definitely a misnomer again, as it is staffed with East Indians whose terrible accents are so hard to understand, and they are totally useless to help as well.  They spout some BS about environmental fees, etc which have no bearing on the shipping charges.  I have asked that someone contact me.

Plans to go to Fernie in June are taking shape already...

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


I am back to making my healthy salads.

My new pots and pans are heavy

They are no-stick coated

The eggs did not stick!

My new beautiful Golden Retreiver, lol

I am rearranging furniture already.  I like this configuration.