Friday, April 14, 2023

Friday April 14, 2023 Moving

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday April 14, 2023

Wednesday, I returned to Edmonton, stopping off at Olds on the way.  I had found the moving dolly that WalMart carried also at Canadian Tire, and they had one in stock at Olds, cheaper than WalMart!  I also hit Shoppers Drug Mart there to get my vitamins, Melatonin, and more bathroom needs.

The Juke is a pig on gas and I was fortunate to make it to Leduc to throw $10 of gas in it because I didn't think I was going to make it to the Airport Costco for the fill-up.  Over $55 of gas for that little thing for about 250 miles of driving!

Thursday I began the move to the new place, #311, 11020 - 99 Avenue NW, Edmonton, AB, T5K 2M2.  First I had to meet with the manager, Roch Labelle, who is just a super guy.  We filled out the lease papers and I paid the 1/2 month for April, the damage deposit, and the key deposit.  I received the keys and the elevator key for the Saturday furniture delivery.  I was also assigned a doorway entrance number, and outside parking spot, and garage parking for the scooter.

I had the Juke loaded to the rafters with the microwave, suitcase of clothes, coffee maker, popcorn maker, tools, kitchen stuff and shower curtains.  Three trips with the dolly and I was able to place things more or less where they will belong for now.  That little dolly was a great purchase.

Then the fridge needed to be filled, so I found Save-On Foods on 109 St North of Jasper and got their shopping card.   $526.12 later, (I needed almost everything) I put away the groceries in the new apartment.

Then I got a call from Factory Direct Furniture that they damaged the dining room table that I bought!  So I went over there, rather than try to negotiate by phone.  There was an oval glass table on sale and I negotiated on 4 white faux-leather chairs (I brought 2 home to Jill's) for an extra $167.50.

Then I met Ash at Best Buy in north Edmonton to pick up my 65" Samsung which is to be hooked up in the morning by Roch.  But we took it to Jill's so I will have to try to squeeze it diagonally in the Juke to get it there in the morning.

I slipped over to the Library to drop off 2 books and extend the 2 that I am reading.

Today I will move what I can in the morning with the TV, and later, in the evening, we will move the computer desk, recliner and chair, and hopefully the dining chairs in Ash's truck.  I would also take another load in the Juke with the computer and accessories, more clothes, camera, bedding, etc.

Roch will come in to set up the TV and my own personal wi-fi....

So, sorry, no photos,.... too busy and too stressed to get everything over there...  and not much time to Blog...

I may just spend the night there, sleep in the recliner to be prepared for the furniture delivery.

That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.