Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Wednesday April 5, 2023 Cowtown

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Wednesday April 5, 2023

I was awake at 4am and didn't dare fall back asleep as I had lots to get done before leaving on my trip south.  I got up at 5am to start chores and snuck upstairs at 6am because I figured the coffee would be brewed.  Ash was sitting in the dark in the kitchen and scared the bejeezus out of me.

I finished chores, showered, etc and finished packing.  I had too much for a backpack, so I filled half a large suitcase so it was light.

I packed the Juke and was underway by 9am as I had a few stops planned.  I gassed up at the Airport Costco as suggested by Ash and was out of there by 9:30am.  I can't remember the last time that I drove Highway 2, and was amazed how I remembered events at certain locations along the route...

I met Bella's brother Laurier and his lovely wife Wendy for lunch at Tim Horton's on Gasoline Alley in Red Deer at 11:30am.  They have always stayed in contact and I have appreciated that.  They are a very nice and understanding couple.  I kept asking where they found the Fountain of  Youth!!!

Then I met my sweet God-daughter Erin at the Dairy Queen in Airdrie at 2pm. This was another great visit with someone very special to me.

I timed my arrival in Bowness for 4pm to coincide with good friends Russ and Angie where I will be staying today and tomorrow.  We had wing night at Boston Pizza and watched the opening IIHF Women's hockey championship game, won by Canada 4-0 over Switzerland. We watched Calgary Flames lose again, Toronto Blue Jays win again, and Brad Gushue's team beat the USA in curling.  What a great night!

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Small tires takeup a lot of highway!

Why was this load going south?

Laurier and Wendy look great!

Erin is such a sweetheart

Aaaahhhh to see the Rockies again!

I have missed them!

One 1988 Olympics site

Dear friends Angie and Russ