Saturday, April 29, 2023

Saturday April 29, 2023 Legislature

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Saturday April 29, 2023

Somebody's car alarm went off at 4:30am and continued for a solid 2 minutes or more.  Since I was awake, and it was 6C outside, I decided to get up to catch the Alberta Legislature for the 6:03am sunrise...  

I took the Golden and was virtually the only person on the grounds, except for 1 squirrel, 4 rabbits and one pedestrian walk-by...  I lucked out as the gap at the horizon allowed the clouds to light up bright pink as I got the right angle on the building.  I can't remember the last time I was on the grounds.  Ellis-Don Construction has closed off all the centre Park area where the fountains usually operate but that did not impact the sunrise shots.

I found a versatile professional tripod on FaceBook Marketplace and the owner agreed to deliver it.  It should work for me, even shooting over crowds as it raises to almost 7' high.

I got my 3 last Amazon deliveries around noon.

Watching hockey playoffs is occupying my evenings.  Leafs have done well.  Now waiting for our Oilers to shut down L.A. Kings...

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  No captions today.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.