Friday, April 28, 2023

Friday April 28, 2023 Steps

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday April 28, 2023

Yesterday, I got one of those Visa scam phone calls from a 1-888 number.  I called CIBC and reported it.

I awoke early again today, 4:30am, and got up and did chores before returning to bed for an hour.

It did not cool down too much overning and today was a balmy 18C and it is supposed to be in the 20's most of next week.  Welcome spring!!.. finally!!  It was so nice I chatted with some of the residents outside for a good hour, soaking in some vitamin D in my t-shirt and shorts.  Then I came in and napped for another hour.

After 9 days, grrrr..., I got an email from ETS that they needed a better income document, like my T4 slips, so I rifled that off to them post-haste!  I was hoping to find my bus pass in the mail any day now so this delay makes me very angry.

I got 2 deliveries today and that freed me up to get off my butt and go for a short walk to treat myself to an outside meal...  All the fish'n'chip places were pricey, so I finally settled on Priest Burger's double bacon cheesburger combo with fries and gravy and a nice drink for $20.  This is the beginning of me exercising a little freedom, small steps for now, even though I still have 4 deliveries to come, 2 tomorrow.

I see people walking their dogs and I almost cry because I want to take over their leash...  I miss my doggies.  Poor Cristina lost one of the 2 pigeons she had fostered for over 2 months.  Sh e is also fostering 10 puppies in addition to our 13 dogs.  That keeps her busy..!

I used the Lumix for the shots today.  I will try to get over to the Legislature grounds for better day and night pictures sometime soon.

The first picture needs a bit of explanation.  I bought that knife in 1973, in the spring at the IGA or Safeway below Mount Royal in Calgary.  The sharpener shown is one I just received to mirror one that I have used on this knife for 50 years, and the knife blade is still like new...

I also worked hard again on restoring an old black and white enlargement of a Polaroid picture that I took of Patsy when we were courting in 1968, outside the Ardmore Hall.  She was wearing a white, black and orange dress that I called the Hallowe'en dress...  I still adore this photo of that lovely lady.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

Still sharp after all these years!

The view from 1/2 block away

I will get much better pictures soon

Priest Burger was busy

Lots of fries and gravy.. yummy!!!

The back of St Joachim church

I am behind the trees to the left

This is the front.  Dial-A-Bus right there!

My sweet Patsy.  You are missed.