Saturday, April 15, 2023

Saturday April 15, 2023 MOVED!

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Saturday April 15, 2023

I did not have the greatest sleep overnight in the recliner with too many things roiling in my brain.  I cannot get over just how quiet this place is!!

We got the word that the new furniture delivery could be expected between 11am and 1pm...  I also got word from a good friend not to buy pots and pans because they had a commercial set worth thousands that they wanted to pass along to me...  I am curious to see this...  I can return the unopened set that I had bought.

I checked the internet speed here which is much quicker than expected.  I am really pleased with it.

The manager, Roch, came by and got the Telus Guest TV system working properly.  Thank you Roch.  So nice to have decent TV.

I prepared as much as I could for the movers and Ash and Jill came by with all the things that I had left with them in 2014 after we had sold the Okotoks house.  That was a surprise and I will have to look through those another day. 

I put in a pick-up order at Canadian Tire, and it just nagged at me that I was sure that I had already purchased items like pepper and salt grinders and ceramic mugs.. but had not seen them anywhere.  Jill and Ash did the pickup later as I was tied up with the movers.

The furniture moving rookies got lost and finally showed up around 12:30 pm and we quickly unloaded everything because another person needed that lane to move out.  Ash and Jill were fantastic, marshalling the movers through the doors and on the elevators.  

 The movers were careful and courteous, but clueless how to put together things, not bothering to look at the instructions...  And they lacked 4 bolts to attach the rails to the new headboard which has fancy lights operated by a remote which I will never use...

When I went looking in my new toolboxes in case they needed tools, guess what I found...???  Yes, salt and pepper grinders and mugs....  Oh well, the new ones can be returned.

I whiled away some time washing all my new dishes, deciding to keep 2 sets of mugs...

All afternoon I tried to get my new Brother laser printer hooked up via wifi and it stymied me, no matter what I did.  I will try to buy a cable to eliminate problems.

The salesman from Factory Direct came by around 5:30pm with the 4 bolts and proper tools to affix the headboard.

So, I made the bed and took this initial batch of bad pictures of my glorious new apartment.  No art on the walls yet and I have already moved some things around differently... it is still a work in progress....

Also, the decision was made to relinquish the car privileges so I will soon be using public transit, walking, and Uncle Neil's scooter before long...  Thank you to Ash and Jill for providing me with transportation and a base of operations for 5 weeks.  They have been absolutely awesome and supportive the whole time.  I hope to not have to bother them any longer unless it is an emergency.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Surprisingly great internet speeds here

New bed with storage, lights, and night table

Computer and printer in the corner bother nothing

Bathroom needs storage unit above the toilet

Kitchen is tight but effective

Dining and living room set up

You know where my butt was parked in the evening!