Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Wednesday February 24, 2021 Excellent

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Wednesday February 24, 2021

This morning it was very clear with the millions of stars competing for attention.  So it augured for a sunny day, which we indeed did have.

Cristina made a trip into Tulua with a friend Marta to check out some abandoned puppies.  I am glad that she came back home empty-handed.  2 kittens and the 11 dogs are all I can handle right now.  I am so thankful for the constant love and affection given by these critters even though we have to watch where we walk all the time, because they are continuously underfoot.

I did have a GREAT DAY with the camera though.  We now have 2 very large female Golden Silk Spiders under the patio roof.  I had relocate the one at the back of the plantains because it was attached to a dying leaf that I needed to remove.  It was not happy, but I did get a great little video of it getting busy to re-attach itself to the stub of the leaf.  They are so fascinating to watch, using those long legs to move the webbing where they need it.

https://youtu.be/eLnnQac1JEI

I think I have been mistakenly calling the males as large babies because they only grow to be about 1" long while the big females are closer to 4" long.  In one photo I had to use my tiniest aperture to get the depth-of-field required to capture 3 of them in one shot.  The one at the rear is still a tad blurry but it is still a major coup.  We have so many of the GSS here and I love anything that keeps the bug population down.

The Saffron Finches were really in evidence today, scaring away the Common Ruddy Ground Doves.  I only caught a glimpse of Mrs Vermilion Flycatcher, but no photos.  Same with the Buzzards.  But Tom Thumb did make a brief appearance.

I am sweating here at 5:52pm because it is still 30.6C in the house and a fan on me is not helping much.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Saffron Finches (SF)

Golden Silk Spider (GSS)

GSS

GSS

Dreamy Peach Rose

GSS

Male GSS

Trio of GSS

Gorgeous rose opened

Rosebud waiting its turn

Relocated GSS

Starting a new web, unhappy

SF

Nina guarding me

Mr and Mrs Saffron Finch
Common Ruddy Ground Dove

NeNe spreading his good looks

SF

SF

Tom Thumb arrives

TT having a good feed

Sucking up the nectar

Killer keeping watch from his private home