Monday, February 15, 2021

Sunday February 14, 2021 Fenicia 2

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Sunday February 14, 2021

Okay, I woke up probably at my usual time but it was so dark yet and I didn't want to wake anyone so I stayed put.  Later, after 6am I spotted light so I got up and went outside into the delightfully cool morning breeze.  It had rained overnight so I had to borrow a dry barstool to sit on.

I only had a bare tinge of a hangover, more billiousness than anything else, and the Colombian army had somehow marched through my mouth during the night with dirty boots on, but otherwise I felt great.

I set up the tripod for a very cloudy, hazy sunrise which I knew would not amount to much, way too much cloud and no gap at the horizon.  I still took a few, just because I wasted almost 2 hours on it.

German had said to watch 2 or 3 trees on the edge of the property for birds in the morning so I did that next.  I could not catch the bright blue, or green, Hummingbirds (way too fast) or the Turkey Buzzards who were circling way too high today.  But I certainly did see some new varieties like the Scrub Tanager, Ladder-Backed Woodpecker, Southern Beardless Tyrannulet, and possibly a Black Swift (I had to look those up).  Also got shots of Parrots, Blue-Grey Tanagers, Kiskadee, and a Roadside Hawk. I surely missed many others.

I do so love the temperature up there.  I realized that I lied yesterday.  The elevation there is closer to 600 metres higher than Andalucia, but still a long hike up.

I had a quick nap, then we had lunch and prepared to leave.  We hiked up to the main road after German drove our car up the awful approach road.  It was preferable that the car be light and he is accustomed to the required speed and corrections required to navigate the slippery slope.  I certainly wouldn't want to have to do that every day and feel stranded whenever it rained.  Luckily the overnight rain had time to wick away somewhat.

Thank you so much to Ana and German for giving us the experience of a night on the mountain.  Unforgettable indeed.

And belated Happy Valentine's Day to everyone.

Blogger incredibly refused to upload the photos in order today, jumbling them around for no reason...  Grrrrr  I had to upload piecemeal, and the second batch came up backwards.....  No big deal but Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Sunrise beginning across the Valle de Cauca

Lovely mountains to our left

Not many breaks in the heavy cloud

Really struggling for light

A very dark morning

It is not getting much better

Zoomed in a little

 
Different flower

Southern Beardless Tyrannulet

Scrub Tanager

Parrot

Scrub Tanager

Parrot

2 Parrots

Scrub Tanager

Possibly a Black Swift

The fog overtakes us for a while

Ladder-Backed Woodpecker

Ladder-Backed Woodpecker

Kiskadee

Roadside Hawk

Blue-Grey Tanagers