Sunday, February 14, 2021

Saturday February 13, 2021 Fenicia 1

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Saturday February 13, 2021

I just finished 2 days of photos so I will try to get Saturday's photos posted for you today.

We had made arrangements with Claudia to watch the kittens and dogs so we could go spend a complete day with German and Ana at their finca (acreage) near Fenicia.  We went shopping for a few items to bring along with the bottles of rum and Coke.  After a stop at Miguel's to pick up items purchased from niece Natalia we went to Mr Chuleta and got a large order to go and a small order of ribs to eat there.  We ended up taking 1/2 the ribs to Fenicia as well.

My main bugaboo about going up there is having to drive through all of Tulua and then still have to dodge all the traffic heading for weekend fun at Rio Frio.  Then it is switchbacks for 1/2 hour getting up to the top of the mountain to the really bad descent on their approach road.  The neighbours just can't get together to fix the stupid thing which is almost impassable when wet.  We made it down, very carefully.

Ana was there to greet us and German was working hard in his newly repurposed field below.  The views up there are magnificent and the weather is just perfect for me.  Part of the reason for coming was to be able to get the night views of the lights from the many surrounding towns.

Uncharacteristically, I got into the rum and Cokes (Cuba Libres) and was enjoying myself.  German was a willing partner to this endeavor.  At dusk they decided to take us to show us the actual town of Fenicia, about 15 minutes away.  I was really surprised that the town had zero views for being in the mountains.  We went into a "country" bar that had a dirty Paso Fino champion horse in a stall and zero country music.  That didn't matter as I can 2-step to almost anything and demonstrated that fact a few times.  I think I drank more alcohol in this one day than in all of the past year.

We came back and I set up the tripod to try to get some decent night shots and I think that I failed because the clouds were not right and the moon just a sliver.  Oh well, we tried our best under the circumstances and went to bed early enough, around my usual 10pm and didn't need any sleep aid....  It rained during the night.

I will do a post tomorrow of Sunday's action.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Pork cutlet meal to go

Pork rib meal to eat

Daytime panorama view from the mountaintop acreage

Four-shot stitched panorama of the night view from up there

Daytime misty view is constant

Very green in Colombia

Yes I was there with a goofy hat

I could get accustomed to this easily

Mr Bean is a resident there

So is the very aloof Sombra (Shadow)

German is getting his chores finished

Cows on the nieghbouring acreage

Yes, the view changes slightly

A zoom in on Tulua

Very high up there

Almost 1,000 meters higher than down below

Magnificent vista

Not marijuana, this is Yucca

This is Yucca as well

Later in the day

Saffron finches here too

Sunset on the way to Fenicia

Not bad...

A little colour in the sky

I helped this couple with their Valentine shot

This is looking back east

German is still holding his rum and Coke

He likes his photo taken, unlike us...

He's a good sport

Happy Valentine's Day

More rum and Coke at the "country" bar

Still flirting

He found a cowboy hat.  Looks good!

Here is a series of night shots

Some cloud to reflect light...

Trying the star filters

Tulua at night


Tulua

Tulua

Tulua

Lots of towns lit up.