Friday, February 19, 2021

Friday February 19, 2021 David

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday February 19, 2021

Last night it rained, and then again after the dog walk this morning.  It rained on the way to visiting David this morning as we were finally able to connect.

David has acute COPD and a host of other ailments, is on oxygen now 24/7, knows that his time is limited and is so very pragmatic about it.  His life is based on a chair in the dining room from where he can reach anything absolutely necessary, like the door, fridge, bed, and bathroom.  Any trip to any of those things takes planning to do it in the minimum amount of steps as any use of his big muscles depletes his body oxygen levels to highly critical lows.  It is a good thing that he knows his limitations and how to maximize his options.  He can operate his phone, computer and TV from that single chair so movement can be kept to a minimum.  He has a housekeeper who is a great cook 6 days a week and he manages otherwise.  He is truly an inspiration in the good humour he maintains under his strict circumstances.  Wolf and his son-in-law Alex are the mainstays for other needs for David.

We spent a great time watching the beginning of 2 series, although the torrent-downloaded movies do not have subtitles which we both love because we lose too much dialogue to heavy bass, especially on the first one we tried to watch.  The second one, "The Americans", was much better, easy to hear, so he downloaded the first 2 (of 6) seasons for each of us.

David is an expert downloader and I was determined to try my hand once I got home.  It took me a while to get the right programs together but I think I am being successful, 2 downloads in progress as I write this.  My computer, or rather my host Movistar, sucks compared to his laptop speed on fibre-optic.

My car camera quit so I had to see if it was just the display that quit or if it was actually doing nothing.  I checked the image memory card and determined that it had not been working for about 3 weeks.  I checked the plug-ins and immediately found the problem, the car lighter connection is faulty, and I could connect it direct to a mini-USB.  I think that I have that licked too.  So it has been a good day in those respects.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


David has such a good attitude

Entering Andalucia