Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Wednesday February 10, 2021 Rain!

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Wednesday February 10, 2021

RIP unique brother-in-law Brian Lyttle 5 years ago today.   It was a rough time back then, especially for my sister, losing Mom the day before.   And then my Australian buddy Frank had emergency quadruple bypass surgery as well.  Yes, they say that things come in 3's.

Yesterday, we had had an overnight decent rain, judging by the puddles and all the African snails on the grassy spots.  It didn't really cool things down much, it was 25C in the house.  I am always amazed at the number of cats here versus Ecuador.  Most of then scurry away when they see me coming with 3 or 4 dogs, but some are either brave or stupid and hold their ground.  Princesa, especially, hates cats and goes after them.

We did a local grocery run to Andaluz and D-Uno rather quickly then decided to check to see if Aram and Liliana had moved to their new place after all.  They hadn't contacted me for help so we weren't sure...  But yes, they were there, busy as beavers getting set up in the various rooms.  Their third floor area is amazing and has really great views.  I took 3 panorama shots for a virtual 360 but 2 of the shots have blown-out skies, very unusual for the Lumix which normally is just awesome for panoramas.  They now live across the street from Gilma's sister (Gilma is Cristina's ex-mother-in-law, a sweet lady).

Luka, the Husky pup, is really enjoying all the space to roam in the new place.  This puupy is costing them a fortune as he eats anything, like screws... big vet bills.

In the late afternoon, Aram asked for help to go pick up a mirror, but lost his bike, lost his wallet, and was just frantic on the way here.  He did recover the wallet but not the bike.  He is such a confused and confusing guy to deal with.  On one hand he says that the mirror was ordered and ready but then it was not, and the glass cutter was not going to be there for an hour.  He said that he needed to run acroos the street to buy some electrical cable but came back instead with some rough wood to make a rustic table.  He is absolutely frustrating.

I am well into a new series called Hache, set in Barcelona.  Only 2 seasons and I am enjoying it a lot.    I also came across this site which works easily to uncover a treasure trove of movies and series:  

https://www.lifewire.com/netflix-secret-codes-find-and-watch-hidden-movies-4583157


Today, I was awakened at 2:55am to a steady rain which didn't quit until about 8am.  The ground just sucked it up like it was nothing.  The electricity then went out twice for about 30 seconds each.  That meant no walk for this morning and I just went back to bed until about 7, got up and did garbage and minor poop collection, and then went back to bed.  About 9 I got up to do my other chores, late....  I'm not on anybody's clock except my own.

I got several decent shots of the Golden Silk Spiders again today.  I realized that I have to avoid using the flash for these shots or I get a lot of bright reflected dots everywhere.   You will see what I mean.  I also caught 2 of them eating flies..  See if you can find those shots....

It has stayed cloudy and relatively cool today, it is only 28.5C at the  moment..  I feel sorry for my Canadian friends in the deep freeze.

I contacted my friend David to hopefully visit him tomorrow, it has been a while, but he begged off.  On top of his severe COPD problems, he has has a flare-up of ulcerative colitis, poor guy.  His visitor, Igor from Thailand, has been off on a road trip for 10 days and doesn't expect to be back for another couple of weeks.  He'll probably have to quarantine himself again.  Bummer.

Our dogs are such a pleasure, except for the barking every time there is an outside noise, and one has taken a liking to my house slippers which I will now need to replace.  The kittens are said to be doing very well at the moment, even the runt.

Claudia came by and said that the police had checkstops all over checking papers on motorcycles.  Our Chappy hasn't been out in a while.  It has no papers and neither of us has a Colombian bike licence.  Cristina doesn't have any licence.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

SW to W to NW - Blown out horizon and sky not showing coastal cordillera

NW to N to NE - showing both coastal and central cordillera, most of town and the church

NE - E- SE - Central cordillera shows up nicely.

Aram & Jireh looking at cooking facilities 3rd flr.

Aram & Luka.  Luka eats anything...

Liliana in their small kitchen

They have top 2 floors + bottom right garage

Golden Silk Spider & guest

GSS

GSS

GSS

GSS

GSS

GSS

GSS

GSS

GSS

Kiskadee visit

GSS

GSS

GSS

GSS

Rose

Rose