Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Wednesday May 9, 2018 Birds


Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
REMINDER: If you are interested in getting the Blogs via email, simply send me an email to aljbourassa@gmail.com and I will add you to a special list in my Blog settings that appears to work, yippeee.  I won’t do that without your permission, and THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
******
Wednesday May 9, 2018
After walking the dogs this morning, and after my usual chores (which are shorter because I am not uploading photos for sale) I decided to try to photograph some of the many birds around our lake at the end of our block.   
Even during the day, the herons in this area congregate in a couple of trees to the right of of our block.  In the evening, herons come from all over to roost overnight in the huge (mangrove?) tree in the middle of our lake, Lago Chilicote.  
But there are many other birds I have seen while walking around the lake with the dogs, many with bright colours, and some just plain unusual, like the Ibis.
I did manage to capture a number of them, then decided to give the dogs a rare second walk, because rain usually precludes a later walk and we don't want to track mud into the house.
My photo processing got interrupted by an outing with our brother-in-law, Miguel, husband of Adiela.  We had wanted to check out used car prices so we went over to 40th street where most of the dealers are.  Cristina seems to think that cars are really cheap here but that simply isn't the case, it is just not quite as bad as Ecuador.  The only way to find a car under $3,000 USD is to look at a 20-year-old car with a ton of miles on it.  However, for $7,500 USD or so there are some nice cars to be found.   We waited out a pretty heavy rainstorm at the Chevy dealer.  They didn't have anything in the cheap-o price range but he did know a doctor who had a nice Chevy Aveo for sale at a reasonable price (which I don't really have until I sell the house).
Speaking of which, I am getting nice messages from people who have seen the house and want to talk when I get back....  I don't want to get my hopes up again.  Maybe it is time to bury a statue of St. Joseph upside down near Dawn's rock outside....
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.