Sunday, May 6, 2018

Sunday May 6, 2018 Family time


Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
REMINDER: If you are interested in getting the Blogs via email, simply send me an email to aljbourassa@gmail.com and I will add you to a special list in my Blog settings that appears to work, yippeee.  I won’t do that without your permission, and THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
******
Sunday May 6, 2018
I awoke this morning, surrounded by dogs, and next to my wife, and realized that I was happier than I have been in a very long time.  It is not that I slept particularly well, but I did not mind the presence of the dogs snuggling up all night, and it just seems that I am always angry in Ecuador.  It really is time for this big move. 
I took the 5 dogs for a walk this morning and they seemed so happy to get out.  The new little black one, Raton or Negrita (she answers to both), is still to be leash-trained, so she is a bit of a handful.
This morning Cristina had a vet come over and give some motion therapy to Nene, the injured puppy.  The vet seemed to say that the poor thing has a spinal injury, but we can see that he wants to walk, so I privately hope that we give the little guy a chance and not opt for euthanasia too quickly.
I got word from my daughter that a brother-in-law from my first marriage, Steve Loza, had passed away.  He was a little younger than me but apparently had been suffering for some time with cancer.  RIP Steve.
Since this is Sunday (or Thursday) this one of the days that Cristina makes the pilgrimage to the gravesite of her son, Christian, to place fresh flowers.  It is still so unreal to me that this vibrant young man is no longer with us.  This has really been a devastating loss for Cristina to lose her only child and her recovery will be slow as she deals with her enormous grief.  This is a long process that is never-ending, I know from experience.
Then we met with her sister Adiela and her mother Julia for lunch at a shopping center.  I let Cristina order for me and that was a mistake for I got a flat piece of incredibly tough beef and could only stomach 1/2 of it.  But the ice cream we had for dessert made up for it.
Then I wanted to get a light shoulder case for the Canon so we checked out the main store there and found one a Tutto brand that I liked but the gals recommended checking out the Tutto shop at the shopping center nearer our home so we did,.... same price, and I bought it.
It is a real pleasure to be using the new Canon again but I still have the old lens so I can't really say that I am impressed with my photos.  I will have to do some research and maybe get lucky in finding a decent zoom lens that can take crisp shots every time..
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
OK
 
Poor little Nene loves attention and wants to walk again

This is the sweet vet who came to help

Lovely highways in Colombia, (going to Andalucia)

Placing flowers around the grave

It is the prettiest grave there

A bright tribute to a good boy

Playing music and remembering the good times

Having lunch in the food court of a big mall

Julia with daughters Adiela and Cristina

Nearby movie theater, prices $2 to $5

Worst meal I have ever had in Colombia

Lots of Mothers' Day photo ops

It was nice to have Julia with us today

Is Mothers' Day next week?

Cristina was not smiling today

This is Cristina's last day at age 49

Stopped for ice cream

Another photo vignette

Still not smiling

My new shoulder/fannypack for the Canon