Friday, May 4, 2018

Friday May 4, 2018 Off to Colombia


Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
REMINDER: If you are interested in getting the Blogs via email, simply send me an email to aljbourassa@gmail.com and I will add you to a special list in my Blog settings that appears to work, yippeee.  I won’t do that without your permission, and THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
******
Friday May 4, 2018
Wednesday I got serious about packing the big suitcase to be under 32 kgs.  Now I just hope that TAME doesn't decide to change their mind from what they told me.  I should pay $20 for the extra suitcase then another $20 overweight charge.  I can live with that...  I think I am around 31.2 kgs on that one and 49 kgs on the other.  My backpack does not weigh much.
One guy came to the door and I gave him the tour then he threw me a lowball offer, $10k less than I need, so I asked him if he was serious, and he asserted that he really was..  He had $50k, owned another house and would need a bank loan which he seemed to think it would take some time to arrange.  I told him that I would split the difference with him if he was serious.  He said he would be back in the evening with his wife.   I was excited but, of course, never saw him again...  So typical that I am jaded with these losers. 
I also got a real lowball $200 offer on the Canon T3 of Nancy's that we had re-advertised at $280.  I told them the final was $250.
Thursday I refined things and prepared the items to go in the backpack mainly, which is stuff that I have to wait until Friday to throw in.  
The Herederos group is fracturing into 2 groups with silly infighting so I gave the Thursday night ride a pass.
Friday morning I got another message from that person for Nancy's camera.  They wanted to meet me at an electronic repair place downtown on Gran Colombia, called Smart Repairs.  I got there early and met the young proprietor, Juan Pesantez.  He checked out the camera and told me the buyer was to be a Chinese girl.  I am sure that I groaned out loud...  He took a couple of shots, asked a few questions, then really surprised me when he said that he would buy it if she didn't..  Whooppee!!  So, at 3:05 I told him that he just bought a camera and he didn't even blink, just peeled off the cash..  And he told me to let him know if I have any other cameras to sell.  So I took the cash over to Nancy then rushed home and sent him the information on the Powershot we are still trying to sell..
So, here I am now killing time as i will leave in about 90 minutes to the airport.  I am probably way too early, but I never like being in long line-ups, especially when I know that my extra overweight bag needs special handling and a run to the TAME office to pay...   Because of the crappy connection times us cheapskates have to endure, I will be over-nighting in the Quito airport (I have a fresh large book) and will arrive in Cali around 10am to be met by my lovely wife for the trip to Tulua.  I should be playing with our 5 dogs by noon...

Sorry no pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected.