Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Wednesday March 2, 2016 Viaje

Souvenir Photo Studio is now re-opened.  Book your session now.

THANK YOU to all the GringoPost readers who voted for me 3 years in a row!
Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Wednesday March 2, 2016
Mariposa and Turi are beginning to get along better, especially outside where they can romp a little.  Inside, Mariposa still growls once in a while when the interloper is around, but generally they are both very good.
Turi follows me, like a shadow, all the time, so I have to watch my step when I turn around or back up.  She is curious and looks for things to chew on, but so far, no major damage to anything.
I got my PC back yesterday and, knock on wood, it is working perfectly and I am getting accustomed to the Windows 10.   With the new SSD drive and Windows 10, it is like having a new computer, speed-wise.  And the bill for the service check and cleaning was $25!  I will definitely be calling on these guys if I have any future problems.
Yesterday was my oldest brother's 77th Birthday.  How did we all get to be so old??
The morning started out beautifully so I convinced Cristina to go for a spin on Toxic.   That is the reason for the title of this particular blog "Viaje", meaning "Voyage".  
We decided to go in the NW direction to see if I could find my way back to Raul's place in the country (I had only been there once, but I recalled that once I got on the right road, it was basically follow your nose).  We did find it, so I called to see if he was home to cook us an almuerzo...  Actually he was at Mall Del Rio so we found a nice little place on the way back for lunch.  Soup, popcorn, a nice meal, and a drink for $1.75....  It hardly pays to cook at home.
There is a gentleness and quiet to the country that is so very appealing but transportation is the prevailing issue if one is considering living out there.
We came back and continued past our house, to go back up the mountain to the south of us, to the town of Rayoloma.  The views from up there are spectacular, especially looking right over the whole city towards the Cajas.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 

A shrine at a junction

The church in Raul's town (forget the name)

Church is under renovation

Aaaaahhhhh, the countryside...

Soup and popcorn followed by...

Rice, chicken and plantain, plus juice, for $1.75

Toxic is being a real pleasure to ride

Riverside farms, lots of green for the cattle

Looking a little back to the east

Another shot from the same general area

Back to the housing developments in the city

What a view from our mountain to the south - left shot panning

center shot - panning east

last pan shot to the east

Our neighbourhood, arrow pointing at our house

Same shot, no arrow

Great views from up near Rayoloma

Love these old mud huts

A spectacular view to Table Mountain

Another city view

My favourite, but needs to be seen really large to appreciate it.