Friday, March 25, 2016

Good Friday March 25, 2016 Procession



Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Good Friday March 25, 2016
At 9:15 it was 28C, heading to 34C (for 3 days too).  The Colombians are complaining louder than me!
We made a mistake in guessing the time of the Good Friday processions, but some skilful questioning allowed us to catch the Good Friday procession near the end.
The Good Friday celebrations here are about 1/10th the size of those in Ecuador, as this country is not nearly as Catholic.
We then went to another main church but it was long over there.
Happy Easter.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 

 
Yup, the heat is getting to the dogs too.

This church was awaiting the crowds

Too hot for these to join the procession

I like the steeple(s)

We caught up to the procession 2 blocks away

A few people

About 6 statues being carried

The carriers are in the colored robes

Nice statues, in good shape

I like this one representing the crucifixion

Good Friday personified

Heading to the church

A little artistic licence

I eliminated a lot od wires in this one

My shot of the day

Making it into the church

All the people are happy to get cooler

All the statues come in

Jesus comes in last

Standing room only, not a big church

Nothing happening at this other church

They were closing the doors on us