Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Wednesday March 16, 2016 SRI



Souvenir Photo Studio is closed for a couple of weeks. 
Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Wednesday March 16, 2016
Sorry no photos today either, we have been too busy finalizing details and tying up loose ends before a short trip to Colombia.  I hope that my weight allowance on my 2 carry-ons will allow for the weight of the big camera.

Unfortunately, today is a rant against the the Ecuadorian version of the IRS, the very mixed up SRI.
SRI - YOU SUCK !!
For 11 months I have had zero problem with submitting the first months receipts in person, and 10 months online, for the IVA tax refund for us poor folks over the age of 65.   Then, the Government ran out of money.
The November refund was not paid until February 15th or so.  Trying to submit the December receipts has been a nightmare.  After about 5 tries, and subsequent unexplained rejections, we finally went to the SRI office last Friday, and they said that they have new forms to use and we can only submit Dec 2015 on its own.  Oh, and the process online has been changed too.
The new forms make you not only list the RUC number for your vendor, but now you have to include the actual factura number, and the date.  You also now do not lump together several monthly receipts from a single vendor, every receipt must be itemized.  I tried the new forms online and it rejected 4 receipts totalling $9, two for no apparent reason.  All my receipts are legitimate, and I have cross-checked the figures until I am cross-eyed.  After another try and another rejection, I eliminated the 4 receipts.  That should work, right????....   WRONG!!!  Now it just says that a system error has occurred and the submission is rejected.  Another try, same result.
So the next step is to take the paper, in-person filing to SRI.   I carefully fill out my forms and bus down to the SRI office with the receipts.  One receipt from a gas station is so faint that you can't even see the Factura number, but the rest is visible.  And Joe's Secret Garden lost one origianl receipt so I have no idea of knowing the Factura number, but jeepers, SRI has to have their records, right?  I am all ready to give an explanation to the guy and he just strokes through the two receipts, points to a correction in my address, then throws the papers back at me and says that this is an official document and the ink used must be blue...  I asked where it mentioned this on the form.  He just said "It is the law...."    By this time I am so exasperated that I hit "Malo" on their little machine to describe your satisfaction with their service.   I only regret not punching that button another 20 times....  
The Constitution says that public employees are to treat seniors with respect.   Nobody in this Government has a clue about their duties with regard to the Constitution. 
Remember, I emailed copies of my online documents, and copy of the rejection, to that girl at SRI on Saturday.  To date she has not bothered to respond.
There is absolutely no doubt in my mind now that they are under instructions to piss off as many seniors as they can to discourage seniors from applying for this tax refund.  No doubt whatsoever...   I'll say it again,
SRI - YOU SUCK !!
 That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al