Saturday, March 19, 2016

Friday March 18, 2016 Part 2

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Friday March 18, 2016 Part 2
Since Colombia is a relatively new and exciting place for me to visit, chances are that you will see a lot of photos in the coming days.
The abundance and variety of colourful birds is amazing here.
When dusk was falling we walked around the corner to a corner home that makes arepas, a heavy form of soft tortilla, to which fillings can be added.  The beef tortilla was amazing.
I was sitting there and kept seeing these "birds" flying round and round through the street lights.  I asked what kind of birds these were, pigeons??? since they seemed to be mostly white in the light.  They all laughed at me and informed me that they were bats, big bats, and I was amazed at the number of them.   I am not afraid of bats, because they eat their weight in insects every night.  Anything that keeps the bug population down has my blessing.   After a while I decided to take videos of them and have combined 4 small videos for uploading to YouTube:
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 

Two different kinds of bright yellow birds

Maybe a goldfinch, or canary, and a ???

Late evening silhouette of a hummer #1

Late evening silhouette of a hummer #2

Late evening silhouette of a hummer #3

Late evening silhouette of a hummer #4

Late evening silhouette of a hummer #5

Late evening silhouette of a hummer #6

Late evening silhouette of a hummer #7

Late evening silhouette of a hummer #8

Gorgeous flowers in most yards

Ronnie and Sophie keeping vigil at the door.

Phoebe trying to keep cool on the tile floor

Ordering some arepas

Christian looking pensive

Julia enjoying the night out

Neighborhood catfight