Monday, March 21, 2016

Sunday March 20, 2016 Part 2

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Sunday March 20, 2016  Part 2
As evening rolled around we decided to step out for some street food again.  I really wanted to experience the arepa stuffed with shredded beef again but the place around the corner is closed Sundays.  We didn't go far, another couple of blocks and I ended up having 1.5 Sausages, sharing with Adiela.
Miguel promised to show me a local park with a lake even though he was uncertain about the night lighting.   He needn't have worried, it was dark but lovely.  I am only sorry that one photo of a tree full of white birds did not turn out.  Apparently this huge flock leaves at dawn and returns at dusk.  The tree turns from green to almost white.
Adiela wanted to go bowling and we finally convinced Miguel to join in.  If anyone remembers the old 2-lane bowling alley in the church basement in Radville, this was it, times 2....  When was the last time that you saw manual pinsetting???  The lanes probably haven't been refinished in 20 years but remarkably the balls ran pretty straight, right to the gutters for me...  I am not fond of 10-pin but I wanted to play just for the halibut.  I have never thrown so many gutter balls in my life.  I think I was so worried about my finders detaching with the heavy ball with the smallish finger holes that I continuously hooked to the left.  Christian won the game handily, almost doubling my score.
The bugs are enjoying my blood so I hope that I don't come down with any of these exotic diseases while I am here.  Cristina has promised me some repellent for tomorrow.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 

Supper under the stars in Tulua

Sausage with mayo for me

Lovely Tulua park with a lake, timed shots at 8 seconds

Love the reflections

Can you spot the lovers under the tree?

Love it

Everybody is in a good mood

Cristina, Christian & Adiela

Sisters

Lovely backdrop for a night shot

Bowling alley, right out of the 50's

Adiela leads off

Manual pinsetting!  In this day and age....

Christian showing his winning form

Miguel had good style but hooked the ball too

Adiela's technique was effective, most of the time

This old guy was having his problems staying on the lane

Disgusted as yet another ball goes to the gutter, the right side this time..