Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Monday February 29, 2016 Abby



Souvenir Photo Studio is now re-opened.  Book your session now.
THANK YOU to all the GringoPost readers who voted for me 3 years in a row!
Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

Monday February 29, 2016
Happy Leap Year Day to everyone.   I have no photos today, but this date always triggers a memory of someone from my distant pass who was unfortunate enough to have Feb 29, 1948 as his birthday.  We always teased him that, when we were 12, he was only 3.
This date causes me to reflect on this solitary person in my life and I felt the need to write about how such small things can bring back memories, most of them pleasant.
His name was Albert Labossiere but everybody knew him as Abby-Fou.  I think that he was the youngest of 13 children and got held back a year in school once so he ended up in my class.  I don't recall that he was a stellar student and I think that he got held back a second year as well.
I believe that his father's name was also Albert, and he was a goofy kid, always walked like his limbs were detached, but was always happy.  "Fou" means fool in French, so he must have gotten that crazy nickname Abby-Fou from his family at an early age.
He lived on the other side of town so we rarely saw him other than at school, unless it was hockey night, and Abby was almost always the goalie.  Occasionaly we would also end up in a street hockey game.  
Abby always acknowledged almost everyone on the street with his big silly grin of his and a wave with his long gangly arm. 
Because I went to boarding schools for 5 years I rarely saw poor Abby and have no idea what happened to him after about 1963.   Information I found indicates that he passed away March 19, 2006 (at the age of 14.5....!!)
What will we be remembered for?  Maybe people will remember me because I was the New Year's baby in 1950... or maybe that I was just a bad seed, lol.
Anyway, Abby, we still think of you every 4 years buddy.  RIP.
That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 



Labossiere, Albert Feb 29, 1948 - Mar 19, 2006