Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Tuesday March 8, 2016 Andrea



Souvenir Photo Studio is now re-opened.  Book your session now.
THANK YOU to all the GringoPost readers who voted for me 3 years in a row!

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Tuesday March 8, 2016
Monday was a miserable day but I found a break in the drizzle to take Toxic in for its 3,000 km warranty check.   I have no issues with the bike, it has been wonderful.
I also noticed that Andrea, our Giant Hummingbird is hanging around pretty close, chasing away Tom Thumb and friends, and perching mostly on the neighbour’s TV aerial.  I still prefer getting closer action shots right on my windowsill.
We are experiencing issues with Turi, the new dog, and surmise the problem to be dietary.  She was only accustomed to eating ProCan dog food, nothing else, and we have been using a different dog food and the very occasional table scrap, and those are not agreeing with her.    As a result, she has her bed in the garage at night as a precaution.  Last night it was a good decision, because this morning there were four dumps to clear, and she went outside with me for yet another..   Cristina has a neat method of bringing in dirt, covering the mounds for a moment or two, then gently sweep up the entire mess.  It works good!
After lunch I went to the dealer to pick up Toxic.  $16.50 for the oil change, warranty checks, etc.  I noticed that the mechanic really tightened up the rear brake lever so I barely grab it with my fingertips now.
I stopped at SuperMaxi and bought some ProCan dog food, original formula, so we hope this will solve Turi’s problem.   Also, we need to set feeding times to only once or twice per day according to dog experts I have consulted. 
The early afternoon was just too nice to come back inside so I called Mike and Lotis in Ucubamba to see if it was OK to cruise by their place.  Affirmative, so first I blasted out to Chaluabamba just to get some extra sunshine, and to fill up the tank.
During my nice visit with Mike, Lotis, and their dogs Sully and Bella, I was watching the skies get more obscured and dark and figured that I had better skedaddle.  I made it home just as the big raindrops began to hit and the thunderstorm began to vent its fury.  It has also knocked out our Internet but apparently the technicians are working on it.

I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 

Andrea has found a perch nearby

The neighbour's aerial seems to be her new spot

She appears to be laying claim to Tom Thumb's territory

Afternoon thunderstorm taking shape

I love dramatic skies.