Friday, March 11, 2016

Thursday March 10, 2016 Herederos

Souvenir Photo Studio is now re-opened.  Book your session now.
THANK YOU to all the GringoPost readers who voted for me 3 years in a row!

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Thursday March 10, 2016
The afternoon rain seemed to be cleared off for a bit, so after a quick nap, and an even quicker corn-on-the-cob supper, I was off to the Broken Bridge to meet the biker gang.  I arrived well before 8pm (arrival time is 7:30 on Ecuadorian time) and was by myself for what seemed like an eternity, so I thought that maybe it had been called off.   I amused myself by taking more photos in the area.
Finally at 8:15 some showed up and another couple at 8:30.  Ugh!  I hate this late crap.  Anyway, we ended up with only 4 bikes and 6 people so we had a quick ride through El Centro, detoured past Parque Calderon because Bolivar was closed off for some sort of musical event.  We finally ended up on La Condamine in front of my favourite statue of the family climbing the greased pole.
Just as we were about to leave, it started to sprinkle and we headed back, so I beetled off home just in case the rain decided to become a deluge (which it didn't).
We also have had no water since about 4pm...........  It is amazing how much we depend on water, electricity and Internet!
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 

There was another photo shoot tonight (a band??)

I tried some 10-second timed shots

This is the bridge between the Escalinata and Parque de la Madre

I kinda like the lighting on this bridge

A little different interpretation

Changed position

Todos Santos, of course....

This is the Todos Santos bridge to the east

Love this church, day or night

Puente Roto (Broken Bridge)

The first batch of riders finally arrives

This is on La Condamine, west of Calle Larga

See the one fellow on the lower right..  prostrate to get a photo

Artsy-fartsy ad for Royal Enfield, lol

Cool helmet

My favourite statue

The expressions are so great

I have seen this in real life

Climbing the greased pole to get at the gifts above