Thursday, July 2, 2015

Wednesday July 1 , 2015 Immigration

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Wednesday July 1 , 2015
No photos today I am sorry, but Happy Canada Day.
I had gone to bed really early so that meant a ridiculously early wake-up (midnight) so I actually got up at 1am and worked until about 4:30 before getting back in the sack.  I snoozed until 7:45 and almost screwed up my plan to be at the Immigration office by 8:30.  I wasted no time and bused there on time.
I had all my paperwork and copies ready for the two items that I wanted to initiate, changing my 9-1 Visa to my new 10-year Passport and to change my personal marital status on my Cedula.  The lovely lady, Patricia, took my passports, ignored the rest, and told me to come back in 3 hours, at 11:45.  What to do?  So I bused back home, did more work and came back at the appointed time.
Patricia gave me a form to fill out to change the Visa, kept only a copy of the old Passport and Visa (for sending to Quito for verification of veracity), and told me to come back next Monday.  She said that she would tackle the Cedula issue on Monday.  Other than the time involved, it was a pleasant experience to deal with her.
I then went to the big Papeleria Monsalves south of the Stadium to try to get more business cardstock for printing.  Normally they had a large selection of printing paper but they had almost nothing today...
Then I headed home and went to Coral to find something else (forgetting to check for cardstock there) and got bumped, seemingly unnecessarily by an indigenous couple going the opposite direction.  As I jogged across 24 De Mayo to avoid traffic, one man in a taxi hollered at me to look behind me.  Then I saw that I had sprayed candies and coins all over the road.  Two zippers on my fanny pack were wide open!  Normally I am so very careful not to get bumped in any situation because the pickpockets here are so darn professional but I actually got nailed again.  Luckily they opened the two zippers that would not net them any good booty.  The third zipper was still intact, and so were my little camera, glasses, etc.  Another lesson learned about living in Ecuador.
That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al