Thursday, December 18, 2014

Thursday, December 18, 2014 Intl Migrants Day

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Thursday, December 18, 2014
My new maid didn't show up today and I later found out that she has taken the week off because of a new grandchild.  Now I won't see her until January....  Welcome to Ecuador.   So I did some minor housecleaning myself  for a while.
Today we were invited to "International Migrant's Day" put on by the Ministry of External relations and Human Mobility.
I got there intentionally an hour late because that is typically when Ecuadorian events actually get going.  I luckily missed all the boring speeches.  Then a loud rock band came on, 2 Ecuadorians and a Gringo while I collected goodies from the various Government booths.  
I was hanging around for Brian Gary to play at 6:30 and there was a big question as to whether he would play at all because it was getting frightfully cold and windy.  Because several diehards were waiting specifically for them to play, he reluctantly got the band on stage and has several issues with the sound man, until they got LOUD.  I wasn't dressed for that chilly wind which was blowing over tents and chairs so I lasted 3 songs and had to leave. 
Hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 


This was the invite.

This is the hard rock group, dignitaries in the front row

This is the view from the side of the stage

2 lovely ladies at the "Mother" statue

David and friend were the only dancers

He was painting that man with Todos Santos church in the background

Brian Gary with his hair blowing in the wind

It took a long time to get decent sound

Brian is frustrated with the sound man

They struggle through a couple of tunes

Then it was loud, windy and cold.