Friday, December 12, 2014

Friday, December 12, 2014 Parade

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Friday, December 12, 2014
I somehow got my wires crossed and was downtown for a nonexistent Coopera court case this morning.  It sounds like I was a week early...  I rarely get up to the second floor so I was surprised to see six different fabulous paintings depicting justice in various forms by artist Hernan Illescas.  Gosh I envy such talent.
Anyway, I heard a band outside so I rushed out to see a small Christmas parade pass by, then wander around El Centro a little.  There were many tents selling Panama Hats and several weavers in attendance.  I saw these little hand woven nativity scenes and fell in love with the artistry.  I brought home the one on the right of the photo for $8.
I was killing time before heading over to the Black Olive to do my taste test on the tourtiere, French-Canadian meat pie.  Melissa brought out this beautiful golden tourtiere that made my mouth water immediately.  The aroma was inviting and the actual tasting was divine.   While it isn't the same recipe as my mother's, the potatoes were in cubes rather than mashed, it was still downright delicious so I will be putting in my order as soon as I get pricing confirmation.
I also had a long chat with Melissa, who is from Montreal, and I know I will be back to this Bistro quite often, if only to practice my French which has now been swallowed up by my Spanish.....
Hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al  

Hernan Illescas justice painting #1

Hernan Illescas justice painting #2

Hernan Illescas justice painting #3

Hernan Illescas justice painting #4

Hernan Illescas justice painting #5

Hernan Illescas justice painting #6

Love this courtyard in the Justice Building

I took a little artistic licence with this shot of the ceiling/roof

I almost missed the first batch of kids going by

Some dancers along Mariscal Sucre

Very colourful costumes

Waving around a Panama sombrero

Several ranks of kids went by

Kids on horseback are always crowd pleasers

This father stopped to pose

So cute....

Lots of different groups involved

The kids are rarely shy about being in public

So many different costumes

More and more kids just keep coming

Someone spent a lot of time to get these costumes made

Instant "melt you heart" candidates

Colourful kids

A little older bunch follows up

A little perspective with the old and new Cathedrals

The military horns in 

A live nativity scene

More schoolkids coming down the street

Then the Police put in an appearance

The military brass leads a bunch of soldiers

A definite 10 on the cute scale

Kids will be kids, all having fun

Great weather, good time for a parade

Beautiful angels

Weavers showing their craft

Look at the intricate patterns they can make so easily

Some panama Hats for sale 

Another weaver using many colours

Lady deciding on a hat

The weavers liked to be photographed today

Two woven Nativity scenes.  The one on the right is now mine.

Lovely angle on Immaculate Conception

Our world-famous flower market

Inside Santuario Mariano (Carmen)

Setting up for an event in front of Santuario Mariano

The flower market will be busy this weekend

A bee in the sunflowers

Inside the big Cathedral

Merry Christmas to all

Mmmmmm, great looking tourtiere

Great presentation, tastes great too....