Monday, December 22, 2014

Monday, December 22, 2014 Intl Chorale

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Monday, December 22, 2014
Today was mostly a wait for a Christmas concert at the Old Cathedral put on by the International Chorale and Ensemble, called A Christmas To Remember.  Andrea Lyman is the artistic director and she has done an awesome job with this large choir.
I know many of the singers and a lot of them have really terrific voices.
I apologize for the poor quality of the shots.  I took them all without a flash in respect of the singers.
I also didn't stay until the end when they were going to have a lit candle procession to the tune of the last song Silent Night.   I would have loved to have seen that but I was interrupted by a phone message that necessitated my early exit.
My friend Luz informs me that her mother is in hospital with heart problems so a trip to Colombia might be in the works soon.
 Hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al  

Love the shapes in the early morning fog

I stopped to wash my hands in the Civic Centre and saw this

This is the start of the line-up to see the International Chorale

Gotta love the lighting at the Old Cathedral

Standing room only as people just kept filing in

I knew it would be packed so I made sure I was early

This organ needs thousands of dollars to repair it

I got a seat in the third row behind the VIP's

Many familiar faces in the Choir

I wish I could add the sound = beautiful voices

And no amplification required in this great venue

What a lovely setting for a concert

They had small choirs within the big choir too

Musical accompaniment was varied

The view from the door