Thursday, December 11, 2014

Thursday, December 11, 2014 Crepes

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Thursday, December 11, 2014
Today I did a quick trip to near the Rotary market to pick up a few more of my favourite grooming items, folding brushes for $1 each.  
Then I walked over past Parque Calderon and heard some great classical music being played on an electric piano so I looked over to see my friend, Peter from St. Paul, Alberta regaling the crowd with his dexterous digits.  It kinda made me feel proud to see a fellow Canadian giving something back to the community.  The crowd was just in awe.
Then I made it over to the Black Olive cafe with dreams of a tourtiere tasting still on my brain.  The thought of French-Canadian meat pies at Christmastime is overwhelming.  I was however disappointed that Melissa had not managed to get all the ingredients necessary yet so I will have to return again tomorrow.  She says that she has several requests for them so she will be making a large batch.  If I like her version, I intend to purchase about 4 pies.
 So, instead I decided to have crepes, but in the fashion to which I am accustomed, sweet and delicious.  The crepes are huge and very filling for $2 each but I had the first one with butter and brown sugar.  The second one I had with mora jam.  If I have a complaint about their crepes, it is that they are stingy with the fillings.  Anyway, they were very good this way and I will no doubt return at other times for more.
Next was a trip to Monte Sinai Hospital to visit my friend Barry who fell off an uneven sidewalk, broke a hand and dislocated a shoulder.  The room was full of people so I didn't stay too long but Barry was having fun holding court with everyone present.
The sun was blazing hot and I was smart enough to have worn a hat today.  November and December are just the best months here for weather.
Hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 

Peter had the crowd enthralled by his mastery of the keyboard


Peter is a distinctive character around town and has a big heart

We watch in envy as he tickles the ivories with ease

Apparently I missed some dancing by these ballerinas

Pouring a dollop of batter on the hot plate

Out comes a tiny squeegee

It is quite an art to drag the squeegee in a circle

Then they cut underneath to flip it

First comes the butter that I requested..

I would have used about 4 times as much brown sugar, lol

The next one is flipped and ready

This one gets the mora jam treatment

Only one last little piece, mmmmmm, sooooo good