Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Wednesday July 19, 2023 Part 2 Ron B.

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Wednesday July 19, 2023 Part 2

 Happy 26th Birthday to my grandson Dawson!


After the FAFA picnic, I ran the GIO again full blast back to the area of home in 40 minutes to attend my cousin Ron Bourassa's funeral.  I had brought a shirt to change and got there as everyone was arriving.

My first shock was to see my nephew from Calgary, Gilbert Delanoy and his daughter Melanie coming towards me!  That was one of the many unexpected surprises today.

Ron Bourassa graduated a year before me and has lived in Sherwood Park forever, where I visited him whan I was still in my teens and early 20's.  I am hard-pressed to remember if I may have seen him once since, possibly in Radville, but my remembrances are all fond memories of a happy, smiley cousin.  

Family, wife Carlene and daughters gave some funny recollections of this wonderful man who gave his all to his family, and fostered 30 children, and adopted a special needs girl.  

They had a slideshow running on a TV and several photo albums to peer through at the lunch after the service.

It was no surprise to see his brother Eugene, sisters Laurette and Helen all looking well, but the sight of his Mom, Auntie Anna, still sharp as a tack at age 96, made everyone's day!!

Cousin Linda Bourassa was there from Leduc, and Julien Fradette from Winnipeg.  Even some VanDeSype's from Radville were in attendance.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Ronald Bourassa 1947 - 2023

Ron

Gilbert, Eugene, Melanie


Gilbert & Linda

Al, Gilbert, Linda, Julien, Bob

Al, Gilbert, Linda, Julien

Ron

Ron & Carlene

Anna, Ron, Etienne

Carlene & Ron

Anna with family

Laurette, Helen and Eugene

Anna is amazing!

Children, grandchildren

Lovely family

Kristina and boyfriend

Kristina was all smiles

Gilbert, Carlene, Julien