Monday, July 10, 2023

Sunday July 9, 2023 LaRonde

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Sunday July 9, 2023

Basically I wasted the whole day watching Wimbledon tennis, trying to kill time until Brenda and I met Kees and Mildred at 6:30pm at the Chateau Lacombe to have drinks in the revolving restaurant on the top floor.  We enjoyed the views for the entire 88 minute trip around, shared many, many stories, and were not interested in eating there.  The staff were very slow with service, but very accommodating.

Sorry for the bad quality pictures, but I did not get up to try to avoid the reflections from the restaurant.

We decided to drive over to Original Joe's where I treated everyone to drinks and snack foods.  It was basically a goodbye dinner for Kees and Mildred as they leave Tuesday, while they enjoyed watching the chuckwagon races from Calgary on the telly.

Brenda and I decided that we would take them to the airport as well on Tuesday.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

Skyscraper views

River valley

Kees and Mildred

 Another angle

MacDonald Hotel, Riverboat, Muttart

Downtown view again