Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Tuesday July 25, 2023 Recuperation

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Tuesday July 25, 2023

 Between Saturday night (after all that busyness) and Sunday morning, I had spent 11 hours working on those Birthday photos for Adel, so I was almost zoned out and exhausted....

And yet I was up early Monday with things on my mind, like ordering the right books from the Library, and trying to make contact with another French Canadian organization, Club 50+.  Success on the first score, but now I have to read fast to switch books...

Adel came by with a memory stick and I showed her the photos I had done for her and she was overcome by many of them.  Now she has the memories saved.

At 9:30pm, my neighbour across the hall gave me a handful of really nice mushrooms he had picked while looking after the grounds here.

I decided that I was going to try and pictures of the rides (Ferris Wheel, etc) lit up at Klondike Days so off I went with the Nikon and the tripod on the Gio.  4 kilometers later I realized that I had hurried out without my fanny pack with ID, licence, flashlight, glasses, remote, and money...   I ended up to the west of the old Coliseum, at the bus turnaround for the LRT.  I could not get a decent view anywhere but was in time for the 10:45pm fireworks.  The Nikon was its usual balky self at night so I am truly not impressed with my own photos...  Time was short and I was really unprepared.

I was up again at 5am, with my mind busy thinking of things I still needed, so I started a comparison of Canadian Tire selection and prices against Walmart.  Walmart won because they had equivalent stuff and I could get free delivery between 10 and 11am...  However, somehow that all got screwed up with their crappy online checkout, so I cancelled the order within the 30 minute window and started over.  At 10am I was wondering why I had not received the usual emails announcing delivery was in progress, only to realize that their GD system had screwed up AGAIN and now delivery was who-knows-when Wednesday!!!!   Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr  I contacted them to let them know my extreme displeasure at their balky site forcing me to stay home Wednesday.  Grrrrrrrrrr again.

After a quick nap I headed out to St Vincent de Paul clothing center which said online that it was open 10-12am only 11 blocks away..  Of course, the location was closed and re-openeing blocks away August 1st.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

So I went to their thrift store on the way home and found 2 things that I really needed, a great old RCA Victor stereo console, and a nice heavy silverware set.  A few vinyl records and Beethoven came along too...  It just so happened that a delivery driver was on premises so arrangements were made for delivery within the hour.

I cooked up the neighbour's mushrooms in butter along with BBQ'd chicken and potato salad for lunch, and have enough yet for tomorrow's lunch too.

Then I mustered the courage to wash clothes,.... lucky that I was all alone in the laundry room in late afternoon.

I just may be off to Calgary on Thursday afternoon....  Stay tuned to see if things fall into place or not....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 









Silly Hall

Jasper Avenue

Gorgeous old RCA Victor console


It has the sound that we have missed!

Bought a few records


Beethoven looked too good to leave behind

Beethoven looks stern!

Good cutlery

Had to shuffle things around

Mushrooms, yummy!