Sunday, July 2, 2023

Sunday July 2, 2023 Fire

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Sunday July 2, 2023

This morning I finally found out that my youngest great-granddaughter is not called Lyric, but rather was named Nova....  

I was contacted to maybe go to Pigeon Lake this Friday-Saturday but I already have a couple things to interfere and transportation is still a problem to locations like that.

I paused my Amazon Prime account because I don't intend to buy anything more and I have yet to watch any of their movies or listen to their music...

Around 3pm the alarms went off and I stuck my head out the door and could not smell anything, but the alarms continued.  The fire doors had automatically closed so I decided I had better listen and took the back stairs out.  I checked the front of the building , then the back, and could not see any smoke anywhere.  4 firetrucks rolled up and firemen poured out to encounter our main fire marshall, Brenda, who said there was a "fire condition" on the 5th floor.  It turned out that it was just a burning pot on someone's stove.  We all returned to our suites 1/2 hour later.

It was funny timing, since I was awaiting Brenda at my door because she had wanted something laminated for the previous occupant of my suite, who she visits in another location with care.

At 5:30 I am headed to Bob's suite for a feast of baked salmon.  I ate my salad at lunchtime instead...

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Brenda directing the firemen


4 trucks

A little cool outside