Saturday, July 1, 2023

Saturday July 1, 2023 Canada Day

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Saturday July 1, 2023

Friday, my big accomplishment was to return my library books on time and pick up 3 more Conn Iggulden books, mostly to complete The Athenians trilogy, encompassing Themistocles, Darius, Xerxes and Leonidas.

Today, my biggest accomplishment is getting out of bed.  I have no idea where my get-up-and-go has gone...  Maybe I am anemic again??

I bumped into Ghyslaine who mentioned a garage sale down the street with rain jackets, etc so I stopped in quickly.  The jackets were too snug for my Michelin Man body, but I did find a cool am/fm radio/alarm/ipod dock, etc for $5.  It even has sounds to sleep by....

But, I did get moving to be above the Alberta Legislature to grab a shawarma for lunch (and spill all over myself).  We had thunder and rain for a short bit and it just kept threatening after that.  That did not dampen the enthusiasm of the crowd there to celebrate Canada Day.

A good country band started playing and they kept the crowd entertained, many people dancing, and kids enjoying the fountains despite the coolness.


 

The Gio continues to get many stares and compliments. 

I did not hang around too long, returning in time to get a piece of cake from our local MP, Randy Boissonault, in the dining room downstairs.  I had slipped upstairs to change into a clean shirt, meaning to talk to the MP, but he slipped out after only 15 minutes.  One of the ladies here works in his office and said they could help if we ever have pension problems, etc.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.