Sunday, July 9, 2023

Saturday July 8, 2023 Whyte Ave

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Saturday July 8, 2023

This morning, Brenda was dropping off Kees and Mildred at Fort Edmonton Park to explore.  That is a destination soon for me too.

I basically lazed the day away as I still fight this sinus cold watching tennis, UFC, baseball, football, etc, and finished the last of the Conn Iggulden "Athenians" series.

I needed to get out!  So I jumped on the Gio and went to Whyte (82nd) Avenue which is usually hopping on the weekends.  Most of the time I just parked near a busy corner and people-watched as the crown ebbed and flowed.

Then I got a bit hungry, trying to avoid getting a burger and fries, so I decided on an ice cream, but did not locate a Dairy Queen on the south side, so I ended up heading back across the High Level Bridge to Jasper Avenue and had a cherry sundae.  I had stopped several times to see if I could catch the Edmonton Riverboat paddling by under the bridge, but my timing was off..

It was still early enough, and I wanted to test the Gio in the dark, so I went back to Whyte Ave.  Immediately, I came across a truck limousine that had dropped off a large group of people so I pulled up there.  The group was enamored with the Gio and the prospective bride named Jen asked for a fast ride.  I accomodated her happily, and got rewarded with the photos below.  They were sure a fun group!

I saw at least 5 bridal stagettes going by and the diversity of people was staggering.  I stopped by the usual stopping area for local bikers and again got many comments on the Gio.  All in all, it was time well spent.

Returning home in the dark using the lights was OK, ... just adequate....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

One bridal group pedaling

.. and drinking...

and having fun..

Cool statue

Jenn and group with an old guy

Jenn weds August 5th

Many bikers gather

Another good bunch.