Thursday, July 20, 2023

Thursday July 20, 2023 FAFA Cuisine

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Thursday July 20, 2023

Last night, I went with Brenda to Blues On Whyte at the Commercial Hotel to listen (and dance if I felt like it) to a band play music on a large outdoor patio and to meet 4 of her friends there.  The music was closer to head-banger music than anything likely to get my feet moving, but it was still a pleasant outing.  The others danced at various times, and I got to meet a Chilean named Edi that was a John Malkovich clone...

Today, I went the FAFA International Cuisine event at the St Thomas d'Aquin Church.  There, I met a delightful young man named Rohan, born in Oakville, Ontario to international parents.  Perhaps I liked him because he hung on every word about my experiences and travel, lol.

The ladies cooked up a true feast, including tourtieres, salad, zucchini and tomatoes, goulashes, and wonderful French bread, ...topped off with a berry crumble and ice cream.

The crowd was predominantly originally from Cameroon, and mostly a fun bunch of ladies, ... except for the one in the pink that brought the 2 kids that ran wild and touched everything in sight without permission...  I actually had to let them take a couple of photos. 

Then the Cameroonian ladies were to show us "Danse Bafia" but apparently the organizer of that just left without a word.... so we did not get to enjoy that.  

Tonight, niece Dawn is to bring me some fresh-ground Paprika which I will use on celery (described on FaceBook as hair and water) and Cheese Whizz.  It adds just the right flavour for that particular treat which I do enjoy... despite the gross depiction on Facebook.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.




Auxanne, Charlotte and Rohan


























Deliberta photobombing!



 

 

 

 

 

Fin