Friday, July 7, 2023

Friday July 7, 2023 Cousins/BD

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday July 7, 2023

A good sleep always helps a day start off well.  Then have a light lunch, watch a lot of Wimbledon tennis, and prepare for an outing.

Cousin Jeanne had invited me along to the 54th Birthday of her long-time friend Meng.  So I grabbed the LRT at the corner and went to the farthest NE station close to her house, where Jeanne picked me up.

Jeanne's great-nephew John (Son of Vivian), and his 12-year-old son Blake, had been picked up at the airport arriving from Moose Jaw for a short visit by Meng.  Having not met them before, it was a treat to interact with them.  Another cousin, Dale, related through Jeanne's Mom's family, the Marcil's, rounded out our group.

We went to a huge smorgasboard place near the old Beverly Crest with around 200 dishes to choose from and we stuffed ourselves.  I could not believe how many plates some of our group put away.  I had one heaping plate and light dessert and I was hurting....!!!

We returned to Jeanne's for more discussions and many laugh.  The birthday ice cream cake was brought out and the Doritos snacks, and I couldn't touch another bite... 

Evereybody was offering to drive me as far as home but I only needed Dale to drive me back to the LRT.

It is always fun to connect with relatives.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Meng, old guy, Dale, Jeanne, John, Blake

Meng is 54, if we can believe that...

Blake and John with new XBox stuff

Welcome John and Blake