Monday, July 17, 2023

Monday July 17, 2023 FAFA Activities

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Monday July 17, 2023

Sunday, it was cool enough outside so I decided to cook my favourite food for lunch, fried hamburger and potatoes.  Remember when I had cooked the 5 lbs of potatoes about a month ago?  Well the freezer creates a lot of frost on everything so it is a lot less than ideal, but I had lots left over for Monday supper....

I watched the men's final at Wimbledon,.. another barn burner of a game!  Then I finished the second Conn Iggulden book of the Genghis Khan series.  I am still awaiting the next one which someone is holding well overdue from the Library....

I didn't sleep overly well, worrying a lot about starting a week of photos for the girls at FAFA (Federation Anciennes Franco Albertains), translation Alberta's French old farts...  I needn't have worried.

I left very early to be able to accurately gauge the time to travel, and even had time to stop at A+W for their Monday special All-Canadian Breakfast....

I arrived in plenty of time on my Gio for the 10am - 11:30am board games session, in which I did not participate.  I sat at a table with a deck of cards missing the 5 of hearts and the 10 of clubs.... not exactly great for playing solitaire....  I was surprised to see that FAFA had their own intergenerational game mimicking Snakes and Ladders.

I killed time touring around for almost 1.5 hours before the second session involving painting, which I had also signed up for.  It turned out to be acrylic paint to be used only with finger dabbing, not smearing...  First try was a 2" x 2" happy face, and I was quite happy with my result.  The second one was a 2" x 2" flower, and I was even happier with that result!!!

Then she gave us a larger piece, about 6" x 6" to paint what we liked, so I tried a mountain landscape, getting sh*t from the instructor Katherine for smearing my sky intead of dabbing...  Anyway, I didn't like my result after being forced to dab the paint.

Auxanne, one of the FAFA girls, is a true artist and did a portrait of Charlotte, one of the other FAFA girls that was an amazing likeness!

So I may have the painting bug finally and just might buy a canvas or two, some paints and brushes, and try my hand some day.....

Finger-painting is not for me, and I considered myself a succes for not getting paint all over my shirt....

One of the ladies from my building was there for the afternoon session and I actually gave her a ride back on my Gio....  

Now I need to figure out a way to kill that boring 1.5 hours over lunchtime...

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

FAFA game in the foreground

Group playing the FAFA game

Checkers

Playing UNO


UNO

Killing time at lunch

Outside College St Jean

Bear spirit

Paint ready to make a similar Happy Face

My first 2 tries

Instructor's examples

Well done!

Lady 2nd from left in from our building

Auxanne with painting of Charlotte!  Awesome!!!

Our table

Instructor Katherine