Saturday, July 29, 2023

Friday July 28, 2023 Rain

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday July 28, 2023

Wednesday morning I was up early and washing more clothes at 6am, trying a new stain removing powder from Dollarama which only did so-so...

Then I was thoroughly pleased to watch the Canadian Women's Soccer Team notch a well-earned 2-1 win over Ireland in the World Cup.

My Walmart online items were delivered around 10:30am by FedEx.  Since I had bought other good, used flatware Tuesday, I put aside the flatware I got from Walmart which turned out to be unsuitable anyway.  It was so rainy and cold all day that I put off my outside chores.

Rain for 2 days!

Thursday was the same, rainy and cold, so I stayed in again, getting caught up on a lot of Ancestry stuff, expanding the Family Tree to 2,116 persons to date.

I got a response from the French Club50+ that I have been added as a member, so that is a positive thing.  All the people I had met at last week's picnic were so very nice.

My friend Don from upstairs brought me a bag of books with authors like John Grisham and Robert Ludlum, so I am sure there will be more in there to interest me and keep me occupied.

This morning there was a brief respite from the rain, although still cool, so I slipped out to Walmart to return the flatware and to pick up a new windbreaker, as I had broken the zipper on the old one.

Then I slipped over to the Library and picked up 5 more on-hold Conn Iggulden books, including the book Bones Of The Hills which I had been forced to jump over because it was delayed being returned, so I am a happy camper.  And I voraciously am into reading that one now!

Reading these wonderful historically signigicant books got me into watching my downloaded 4-hour movie Cleopatra....

I hope you enjoy the picture.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.