Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Wednesday December 27, 2017 Dogs



Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right >>>>>>>
Maybe not….  I see that Google is glitching again... Sorry.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Wednesday December 27, 2017
Couldn't sleep Monday night with all the things rolling in my head.  I maybe got 2 hours of sleep on the couch.  In my reverie I missed physio...
Had a few chats with Cristina about the possible planning for the move to Colombia and sorted out a few things.  Apparently her niece's boyfriend can pick her up at the border but there is still a question of whether he drives a big enough vehicle for this.  I have asked some of my usually reliable drivers here for recommendations to get Cristina, 3-5 pieces of luggage and 6 dogs to the border, but nobody has bothered to respond yet.
We also belatedly opened Christmas gifts from our dear friends Mark and Karen who are always so darn thoughtful.  Thank you guys.  Love you.
Today Buzzer was again dead, 3 days in a row, so I checked first at the dealer to see if there was any warranty on the new battery we installed not long ago, and, of course, the answer was no....  Silly me, there is never any warranty worth a shit on anything in Ecuador.  And I did not get a response from my usual mechanic Diego about what to do so I went to Geovanny who is closer anyway.  He pointed me to a nearby bike accessory shop and I got a recommended long life, good starting battery with 3-month warranty... sure...  Then he installed it for $3...
I had to leave it there a few hours while he added the acid and charged it so I walked in the rain down to the 12 de Abril Mercado and bought more corn for the pigeons and caught a cab home.
Then I messaged the brother-in-law in Colombia to find us a rental home with our specifications, big, safe, with a yard, etc.
Later I ran back to get Buzzer and decided I had better get cracking on finding dog crates for Cristina.  I went to the pet store near the mercado but he had none and he referred me to Patas on Paseo de Los Canaris who had a huge selection.  The veterinarian even speaks good English so I got quotes on the crates in the photos.  The more basic small one with wheels is $51, the tougher small one is $64, and the large medium dog crate is $87, so it is a minimum of $327 for the 5 I need (we have one medium size at home).
Then I decided to check the pet store at El Vergel but their prices were double...  Now I have put an ad in GringoPost for the morning to see if there are any resonably priced used ones available.
My niece is coming to visit and help us out, arriving January 1 at 6:15am so I have to arrange to try to be there.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Better quality small dog = $64

Basic quality small dog = $51

Sturdy medium dog = $87