Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Monday December 18, 2017 Xmas Canastas



Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right >>>>>>>
Maybe not….  I see that Google is glitching again... Sorry.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Monday December 18, 2017
The morning did not start off well as I dash off for my physio only to find thet the physiotherapist is not there, he has a stomach problem...
I ride Buzzer to El Centro and park near Parque Calderon because my busy day of photography for Hearts Of Gold begins with a 10am concert by one of the schools they sponsor, Nova, at the City auditorium.  This seems to be a large school that integrates Downs-Syndrome children with other students.  They did a masterful performance of Christmas celebrations in Europe and the kids were having so much fun performing.  Our Santa, Johnny Killibrew, is such a great sport and has such fun with the kids who always want to check that his beard is real..  A smile from any of these children is enough to melt your heart.
I wasn't sure how long this event would be, it seemed quite long, but it was over sooner than I expected.  I asked Kelly from Hearts Of Gold about the next event for the El Arenal school near Feria Libre scheduled for 2pm, and was told that it would now be at 3pm in the park there.  So I went home and processed the Nova photos. 
Then we have a delightful short visit from Alex & Cecilia & Esther.
Around 2:30 I headed for this park across from TIA near Feria Libre and was wondering why there were no kids in this park getting ready..  I was about to sit on a bench in the park and wait when I heard singing..  I looked over and see an El Arenal school sign on a buiding so I head that way.  It appeared that I had missed much of the program (which obviously did start around 2pm) but everyone was clustered in this small room so I did my best to get decent shots.  
The next event was scheduled for 4:30 at CeTap Lucy school which is out of town and hard to find but I remembered my way and easily beat the vehicles there.  Some celebration was already happening and fellow Calgarian Rick Smith guided me on what was to happen.  All the kids got a goodie bag and the parents got a Canasta of basic home nutritional needs.
There is so much to say and so many people to thank at Hearts Of Gold for doing such yeoman work on behalf of the unfortunate in conjunction with stable Ecuadorian organizations.  Kudos to hearts Of Gold.
I got back and finished processing photos of the last 2 events and collapsed into bed.  Since we hadn't had an evenng walk with the dogs they were active at 2:30am and needed a walk to do all their businesses.  
Hugs and Merry Christmas to all from both of us.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  So sorry that Google has managed to totally mangle the order of the photos, and left one behind, with no way to correct the problem...  That was the day’s excitement.
Al & Cristina
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.