Saturday, December 23, 2017

Saturday December 23, 2017 Rambling and Roaming



Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right >>>>>>>
Maybe not….  I see that Google is glitching again... Sorry.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Saturday December 23, 2017
Before I get to today's news, there are at least 2 things about the Christmas Gala that I have to get out of my craw.  First is that wonderful beauty queen elf that was to assist me, Miss Michelle Peralta, not only did not show up on time, she didn't show up at all, causing me much distress, loss of face, and the waste of a good ticket for the event.  Another lesson learned about trusting Ecuadorians who have zero sense of commitment to anyone outside of their family.   Trust me, I am still angry over this...
Do not hire this woman

Next, having been Event Coordinator for the Hearts Of Gold for a few years it is easy for me to see where things are going to go wrong.  Important things like the venue, the food, the entertainment, the timing, the long boring speeches, the emcee, the auctioneer, the photographer, and the attempt to get folks to open their wallets.... and on and on.  It is a huge undertaking and the KISS principal is usually the first casualty.  I was asked to be the "Day-Of" coordinator, as well as the photographer, so I had to decline that job.  I could not do both, physically or mentally.  The gals who took on this event did an amazing job and I hope that they at least came close to their goal.  This is a tough economy right now and there is tons of competition for the charity dollar, and I am still upset that HoG was forced to change their date and venue which had to hurt the bottom line.
So I am only going to pick one item to comment on... the food.  When people pay $40 - $75 a ticket to come to a prestige event they should expect a Class A meal that is substantial and worthy of the event.  My opinion is that the food served, ...the buns, the drink, the paltry main course and the awful dessert were a worse offering than I can get at the end of the street for $1.75... and get a good soup and popcorn.  Since my date did not show up, I had a check of 2 plates and the second one didn't even have any meat..!!  The drink supplied to me was the cheapest imitation apple drink on the market here.  Shame on Mansion Vizcaya for trying to pass this off as a Christmas meal...

Cristina wanted us to go out in the sun to El Centro, primarily because she wanted to check out this Colombian "dollar store" but we went by twice again and it is always closed, probably for good.  There were lots of vendor tents around Parque Calderon and I did buy a jacket/sweater and a new ring.  
We even ran across our Santa Claus, aka Johnny, working his last day at one of the ElJuri stores.
We then walked down to the Colombian bread shop near Gustavo's for a bite before catching the #13 home.  There is one brand-new bus on this line and we have managed to catch it often in the last few days.  Most buses have signs showing that they can accommodate over 80 people, this one is only 70.  The poor buses here don't last long running through the cobblestones downtown, .. this one is already developing squeaks.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
This one looked better on the small photo

I think I should have gone for this one actually

Great Decembers in Cuenca

Blue skies and sunshine

Market stalls everywhere trying to cash in

The new spacious bus, with a very good young driver

The new ring