Monday, September 30, 2024

Monday September 30, 2024 Paradise 3

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ 

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:

 http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/

or https://pixels.com/profiles/al-bourassa

******

Monday September 30, 2024  UPDATED

 We went out today again, shopping and exploring, first to Okotoks Costco then Dollarama, looking for Thanksgiving gifts for Betty's great-grandchildren at an upcoming celebration this Sunday.  

We found what she wanted and we meandered back, trying unsuccessfully to get atop a Foothills ridge to get an unobstructed Rockies view...

But I did grab a couple of shots of the Okotoks Erratic, aka "The Big Rock" which is the biggest tourist attraction in these parts.

Nothing I have seen is detering me from investigating a move south upon my return from South America.  This is the area that feels like home.

UPDATE - Betty and I took a walk before dark and we first came upon  2 deer and the small one was favoring badly her right front leg, probably broken from being hit by a car, poor thing.... Now she is coyote bait and nobody will do anything about helping it.

Around the block we came upon 4 more deer, with one larger one favoring a broken right rear leg, in the same poor situation.  The deer are not scared of people or being inside the town but are clueless to stay off the roads of course.

On our way back, Betty spotted a large owl on a roof before I did, and I managed to get a pretty decent shot of it. 

Tomorrow will be a very busy day with more visits in Okotoks and final parking and packing to leave Wednesday morning. 

I hope you enjoy the pictures (last ones now first...).  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.  

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Bad right front leg, poor thing..

Far left one has a broken right rear leg

It breaks my heart,.. they are so gentle...

No pressure on the right rear leg, poor thing...

Lovely decorations

Love cattails

Betty spotted him.

I angled over to get this shot

Then he flew away...




 

The Big Rock

Impressive from the Ice Age