Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Tuesday September 17, 2024 Missed

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ 

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:

 http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/

or https://pixels.com/profiles/al-bourassa

******

Tuesday September 17, 2024

Last night, Brenda and I drove East to try a new spot to capture the proposed Aurora Borealis.  The air was cool and I began to have problems with the remote and the camera while waiting for a decent dance of Northern Lights.  Around midnight I gave up and we came home, getting a good deal for gas ($1.22.9 a litre) at a Shell station.

As I was playing with the crappy shots I did get,.... the Alberta Aurora Chasers site on Faceboook went crazy!  I had left barely 1/2 hour too early...  Drat!  Some folks got some great shots province-wide.

I was up late as a result again and today went for a joyride on the Gio just to use up some battery power so I could justify plugging it in.  

I went by 2 parks, Grant Notley Park (deceased NDP Provincial leader), and Ezio Faraone Park (deceased murdered Police officer).  

It is close to the Fall Solstice and the leaves on the trees, especially the poplars, are already beginning to turn.  But the flower beds at the parks still look great and made for some nice photography.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.  

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Pretty dismal NLites shots....



97% Moon throwing a lot of light






Big Dipper


Bright flowers today