Monday, September 30, 2024

Sunday September 28, 2024 Paradise 2

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ 

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:

 http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/

or https://pixels.com/profiles/al-bourassa

******

Sunday September 28, 2024

Saturday night, I stood outside fora while in the dark, hoping to catch some Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) but they just didn't show up at all.  I kept a couple of night shots, but it was really a wasted effort.

Sunday morning I was up early to go to Diamond Valley (the merged towns of Black Diamond and Turner Valley).  Passing through Longview, I checked gasoline prices and continued on, but they were no better in DV..

I went to meet family at St Michael's Church to celebrate the feast of St Michael's, followed by a lovely lunch organized by our lovely friend, Mavis, and decorated by our sweet niece, Nicole.  It really was a lovely way to spend the morning.

Then I relocated to my friend Betty's place in DV where we always have lively conversations.  The day was still young so we jumped in the Regal and she showed me the highest spot in the Foothills, on Fireguard Road, not far away.  The views were breathtaking as we watched a small rainstorm coming our way.

Then we headed to Okotoks, my old stomping grounds, and waited in the line-up at Costco for gas.  $1.37 per litre was a far cry from the $1.56 in the other towns.  As usual, I had silly problems getting the pumps to accept my cards until I hollered for help...

I got a free car wash as the rainstorm met us on our return, washing of the dust accumulated from the previous rides on the gravel roads...

We returned to DV and checked out possible deck covering replacement options for Betty at Rona.  The price of most things these days is shocking!  Sadly, we could not find the fabulous decking that I had installed at my duplex in Okotoks....

The Black Diamond Hotel has always served good food, so we pulled in for an early supper and enjoyed steak sandwiches (with extra Montreal Steak Spice of course).  Love that place!  Delicious food, every time!

We returned to Betty's and did a tour of her amazing back yard which is compartmentalized into groupings od flowers, vegetables, shrubs, and trees.  Being on the edge of town, bordering a creek, Betty gets many wild visitors and birds, and caught a bear on video once.

Again, I realize how much I absolutely LOVE this area!  WhenI get back from my upcoming trip I will have to investigate housing for me here....

Oh, I have included a pic of a magpie, because I have spent a few days adjacent to the former home of the departed icon, Ian Tyson.....  Most of you will know why this is significant....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.  

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Some stars in the southern sky

Looking west down the top of the fence

Betty has a great assortment of art

Some of the view from Fireguard Road.

Zoomed in a little

The indomitable Betty

Always see deer in DV

RIP Ian Tyson

Love the gentle deer

Some of Betty's back yard.

Gorgeous poppy

A Bernie Brown creation