Sunday, September 1, 2024

Sunday September 1, 2024 Alberta Day

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ 

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:

 http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/

or al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Sunday September 1, 2024

I am so grateful to hear from so many old friends that I hope to reconnect with on my trip South....  The anticipation is wonderful...


Bob and I went on our Gios to the Legislature grounds because there were Alberta Days celebrations all day.  There were many nice artisan booths and I ended up buying a couple of metal items.

As we were cruising through, we were filmed by an ITV crew and they asked if they could talk to me...  I said that my voice would crack so they should talk to Bob instead, which they did....  Whew!  Dodged that bullet...

We ate at the food trucks and I tried Butter Chicken Samosas which were a lot hotter than expected...  Then I spotted a Sage Sausage tent near the bandstand and could not resist a delicious Bratwurst.  I definitely don't need to eat anything more today.

The entertainment was varied while we were there, native groups dancing, and a classical brass band playing stuff like the Monty Python theme....

I was expecting to see the Premier, Danielle Smith, at the very least, but that didn't happen while we were there.  It was hitting 31C so we beat a hasty exit before we melted away...

My friend Don is buying a fancy computer from a geek on the fifth floor, almost above me and is making noises about basically donating it to me..!!  We'll see what happens when I get back.....  Because of my purchase of the Topaz program, I have become aware of the limitations of my computer and have been thinking of making upgrades....  I have agreed to let Don store all this stuff at my place while I am gone....

I hope you enjoy the pictures (out of order, thanks again to Google).  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.  

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

West side of the Legislature

Bottom is a new purchase

Rear of the Legislature

I bought from here.. See it?

Bertie Beaver

Hoop Dancer

Native Dancer family










Fair warning


Samosas

Part of the brass band

New Alberta pin for my hat

Got my doggie fix