Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Tuesday October 1, 2024 Finalizing

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ 

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:

 http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/

or https://pixels.com/profiles/al-bourassa

******

Tuesday October 1, 2024

We had a busy day, beginning with rearranging Betty's garage to see how to configure both vehicles in there...  To make a long story short, it wasn't going to work...

I met my niece Karen in Okotoks for a delightful lunch and conversation as we compared notes on many issues including available housing, which we will both be seeking soon.

On my return to Diamond Valley, I made many detours to get pics of the Rockies, some peaks with snow on them...

My sister Leonie was kind enough to offer me an alternative parking spot in her yard, so Betty followed me out there and we parked the Regal for the 3 months I will be gone.

Coming back through Longview mid-afternoon, we stopped for lunch at the Longview Hotel.  On special, they had a Buffalo Meat with Saskatoon Berries burger which I had to try, and it was indeed delicious!

That old hotel caters to regulars (one guy is at the same table every time I visit, years apart!) and many visitors and tourists.  One photo below has the history of the building of the Hotel.

We finished eating and a couple was lingering at the door before leaving and Betty struck up a conversation with them.  It turns out the fellow came from the same tiny farming town in Manitoba and his Uncle was a hired man to Betty's father, so they reminisced for a long time over common acquaintances, etc....  Such a small world....  And they even drive a Rav4 like Betty!

Last evening I was able to complete my Check-Mig(ration) form to enter Colombia, and this evening I was able to check-in for my Air Canada flights and print my boarding passes.  Finally, they allotted me an exit row aisle seat for the Bogota to Cali leg....  

Now, I just need to finalize packing and the new adventure begins a new chapter....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.  

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Almost 360 view from Fireguard Road

Even closer to a 360 view

Niece Karen

Some of the Rockies have snow

Getting cooler at night up there

View from the Big Rock to the west and the Rockies

Side view of the Big Rock to the Rockies

Always makes me think of Ian Tyson



Gorgeous view before Diamond Valley

I LOVE this countryside



Almost my "Alberta" shot



Longview Hotel and Bar




Buffalo and Saskatoon Burger!

Patty and Greg Hunter withBetty

Interesting history of the hotel!