Sunday, September 22, 2024

Sunday September 22, 2024 Big Prep

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ 

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:

 http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/

or https://pixels.com/profiles/al-bourassa

******

Sunday September 22, 2024

 Where does the time go??  It seems like just yesterday, but actually it was Thursday that Brenda and Lorraine treated residents to a little bulk shopping experience, so I bought a few things.  Then Bob gave me some leftover donated canned goods.  I should never starve here, in fact, I have at least one month's supply in my cupboards.

I finished the Dan Brown novel The Lost Symbol even though I almost stopped after 100 pages...  I had the boring plot figured out way too early...

Friday, I was surprised to find my new Alberta driver's licence in my mailbox, arriving in 1 week instead of the suggested 2....  That is another worry off the mind as I travel...

I got active and swept and washed all my floors in preparation to travel.  And I watched baseball, 2 football games, and 2 John Wayne movies...

Saturday, I was excited because I had a potential buyer coming by for my Nikon D850 gear around 2pm.  He was supposedly from out of town but I knew he was not a serious buyer as soon as I laid eyes on him and his wife at the door.  I am just curious why he wasted my time...

And I fine-tuned the expected itinerary stops for next Wednesday as I head to southern Alberta.

Today, I began packing a few things and already think that I will have trouble fitting everything I will need (primarily for cooler Ecuador) into my carry-on...

And I downloaded some movies and a couple of series to bring along to while away some time in Colombia, etc.  I also synced and updated info on the laptop, so that is another big chore accomplished...

Since I had problems with the Microsoft Office on both my PC and the laptop, both are updated now to WPS Office and PDF.  I have had WPS for a while on the PC now, free edition, and I like it way better than Microsoft...

Hugs to everyone. Happy Fall Solstice.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.  

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

 

Getting there!!!!

So happy to have this with me...